Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day


First of all I'd like to take a moment to give thanks to all of the men and women who have served or have lost their lives serving our country in order for us to continue to have freedom. We owe you so much for your bravery and we will continue to keep all of our troops in prayer.
So many of us have celebrated this holiday weekend in so many different ways. Here's a little bit of what I've been up to.

FRIDAY: Got together with 2 other Fiskateer Friends and made birthday cards. We had so much fun doing this and it's great being able to share new techniques and ideas. A special thanks goes out to my friend Trish who is always an inspiration to us. We all worked on the same cards and it's amazing how different each one came out. Here are mine:

Using flowers & a border punch


Using a dryer sheet & glitter


A little re-ink and saran wrap

Weaving technique

Re-inking splash (I loved doing this one)
SATURDAY: I worked on some Artist Trading Cards. I am involved in several ATC swaps at the moment and this particular theme is cupcake.

SUNDAY AM: I attended church. Thanks again for our servicemen & women, that we can continue to have freedom to worship.

Went to my Local Scrap Shop (LSS) for a organizational meeting of another ATC swap group. We shared ideas, picked themes ..... 1 a month for 12 months; and worked out the details. Here are some of the themes we will be doing, the first one due the end of June. The last 4 themes will be picked by persons who weren't able to attend this meeting.

June - "The Cow Jumped Over the Moon"

July - "Pets & Animals"

August - "Cocktails With a Twist"

September - "Black, White & Pick Color"

October - "Starfish & Mermaids"

November - "Halloween"

December - "Accessories"

January - "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"

February -

March -

April -

May -

Lots to think about for the next few months, not to mention the other swaps I'm involved in with other groups.

SUNDAY PM: Went to Spring Hill to my daughter's house for a family/friends get together and cookout. The kids were all able to take a swim before the rains came, but we all had a great time.

MONDAY: Went shopping with my brother and his family and then enjoyed dinner at Sonny's Barbecue. Hence, this brings me up to now. After completing my Blog Update, I'll be ready to get back to the scrap table and work on my next set of ATC's.

Happy Scrapping everyone and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Calv said...

Lovey makes and what great photos Brenda, thanks for sharing. :)

A lovely post about Memorial Day too Brenda, i'm ex-forces myself, and it's nice when people think about the forces like this.

My Loved Ones

Craft Projects

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones