Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Christmas in February

So far February has been an awesome month for me. I feel like it's Christmas all over again. First of all I won an online crop challenge from Fiskateers and got an awesome prize package of wonderful Fiskars products.



On Feb. 2, I visited a friend of mine who taught me how to make an awesome fold up book. This is what it looks like. I haven't decorated the cover yet or added pictures.


This same friend had a Stampin' Up Party and I must say I loaded up on some neat stamps, inks and Bigz Die Cuts.
On Feb. 6, I attended our monthly midnight crop party at our local scrap store, "Scrap & Stamp Studio." I worked on various ATC (Artist Trading Cards) for some swaps I'm involved in. Of course, I couldn't leave the shop without purchasing a few more goodies.

On Feb. 7, some friends of mine (former co-workers) came up from out of town and brought me some belated birthday and Christmas gifts. I collect cows, so most of it was cow related. Here are a few.


Then we went to lunch together at "The Gator Cove," and visited the Homosassa Springs Wildlife Attraction. We had a great day!


That afternoon I received a wonderful package of crafting goodies from my Secret Sister from the Fiskateer Community. She was so sweet, she even included a package of treats for my kitties.

Next.....let me share... that the town we live in is kind of country, so there isn't much shopping and entertainment locally. So on Feb. 8, when my brother and his family invited us to go to Ocala, which is big city to us.....we said okay. It was a terrific day, beginning with breakfast together at Bob Evans, then on to my favorite stores JoAnn's, Michael's, Staples & Walmart. Of course, I had to purchase some craft supplies from each place. Lastly we stopped at the Verizon Wireless Phone Store, so my brother could upgrade his phone.........................and..........drum roll please....my husband upgraded my phone to a "BLACKBERRY STORM." It is awesome.
Okay, so Feb. 9, I spent playing with my Blackberry and discovering all the wonderful features it can do. That evening I got on the computer and found out that I had won another challenge on Fiskateers. The challenge was to visit an elderly person, give them a valentine and take a picture of you together. Jeannie, the fiskateer who sponsored this RAK (random act of kindness) had her daughter draw a name from all the persons who entered and my name was drawn. Here is my entry of my 80 year old Mom holding her valentine, Mom & I together and a picture of my grandson, her great grandson....reading a story.
This is the spectacular prize package and I can't wait to get it.
Winner was Brenda #5151 14 cardstock 10 printed papers 4 double sided papers 1 alpha. punch out 3 sticker packs 1 pkg. prang metallic pens ACID FREE 1 acrylic scroll set 1 block 2 stickles 2 color box chalks 4 heart candles 1 love quote bag of trims 2 valentine ribbons 1 photo frame 1 silver zig pen 2 yards of fabric 4 fabric remnants 1 bag of Kisses my favorite movie Terms of Endearment(replaced w/ sleepless in seattle) I stepped on the other one ) 1 valentine love songs cd

I'm flying on Cloud Nine right now.........and as soon as I come down, I'll be either doing a RAK or a challenge to share the wealth. Until next time..............HAPPY SCRAPPIN!

3 comments:

Mardi said...

Great blog! Congrats on all you loot! Happy Scrapping!

Donna said...

Hi Brenda, I came over from the fiskateer site and Have enjoyed your site. Congrats on your wins, they are fun to get LOL. The squash book turned out fantastic!

jeannie said...

I made it. Love your cows and your loot and your blog!

My Loved Ones

Craft Projects

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones